Tuesday, May 20, 2014

MORBIDO 2012

Retribution had got into the Morbido film festival in Pátzcuaro, Mexico. Emma and I went over. It was a blast from day one.



They put us up in the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in. The whole town was amazing.

The opening night included a performance, a lot of stuff said in Spanish, that we had no idea what they were saying, and a party in an old nunnery.



Here's Emma with some Mexican girls.


And here's Emma with the festival director Pablo Guisa, a gentleman and a scholar.


Emma, and Richard Stanley, the director of Hardware who had a new cut of Dust Devil that they screened. I'd never seen it. A truly wonderful and sinister film. We spent a lot of time with Richard. A very interesting man.



Laura Rojas, our personal host for the few days we were there. 'Oh no Laura, don't bite me. Oh I have tripped and fallen, nothing can save me...  ...where did she go?'



The festival is free and people dress up. This guy, Frank, put on a jacket. Forgot to put on his skin however.

I saw a lot of movies, some very late at night. The screening went down well, a lot of people asked questions. It was hosted by Abraham who dressed up as a character from Clive Barker's, Night Breed.



Here's another short film maker, Syl  Disjonk, having a cuddle with Abraham at our screening.




 And here I am with Pablo and Andrew Mack from Twitch magazine. I had a great time, learnt a lot about film making, had some great chats with some great people, made a lot of friends and contacts and handed my film out to a lot of people, including other festival directors, but, in the end, nothing much came of it. I thought we were just getting started but it was really Retribution's highest point.

It seems like everybody else go to got back and hang out again the next year but without much work at home, or a new film, there wasn't a snowballs chance in hell that Emma and I could return. Maybe it's just too far away.

Anyway, it came to a close and we went back to Mexico City, and the Morbido office.






No comments:

Post a Comment